Cap.1 has anyone upgraded from Gold

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by on the go, Jul 20, 2001.

1. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

Just wondering has anyone been able to upgrade there gold Cap.1 to one of there prime card and what is the criteria.

2. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

I'm bumping this up.....I'd like to know as well!

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

criteria is $5000 credit limit...

4. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

Mine is $6,800 now. I guess they don't do it automatically.
    I'll wait a few months and request it I guess.
    Does anybody have any more info on this?

5. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Well, if you want the criteria for Platinum it's a 5k credit line. period.

If you have that you can request Platinum.

They don't have standard packages so you just negotiate your terms based on what you have now and where you want to be.

It's pretty easy to get gold to 13.9, 12.9 etc which is pretty prime for those building from subprime.

6. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

I have CL $6,800.00 at 9.9% (19.9 for cash advances) on a gold card. (I'm lovin Cap1 right now). I just received this major increase. I'm afraid it was a mistake so I'm a little scared to bring it to their attention and ask for more.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I CAN'T EVEN GET THE CARD...

I even can't get the card with APPROVAL # STICKERS and CONFIRMATION # STICKERS that come in the mail...

:(

8. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Maer,

Can you tell me how you got these terms (specifically the apr)? Did you start out with them or did you negotiate? I'd love to have a fixed apr of 9.9%.

Thanks,

9. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

Marci,
    Sorry for the delay, I've been away for a few days.
    I had a regular card with 500 limit & 19.9% (Secured 99.00). I could never get an increase but they sent me a pre-approved for another card, this one for 9.9% (secured 50.00). So I took that one, then about a year later I rec'd pre-approved Gold with 2,000.00 CL & 19.9% interest(unsecured). After some time and this board I called to get an increase. $100.00 on card 1&2. Card #3 was too new. I wrote a letter via planetfeedback. No response for a couple of weeks (everybody else got response within a day). I resent the letter and a week or so later I received a call from Mr. M. He agreed to merge all 3 accounts into the 9.9% interest, refund security deposit but said no to CL increase. This ended up taking a couple of months to complete. They showed my credit limit as the merged amounts (4300.00 I think). One day I checked and it was $6,800.00. I have no idea why and I;m not asking. I waited a few weeks to see if they changed it and they didn't. I got brave and did balance transfers up to my credit limit.
    So, the answer to your question is...I think it was a fluke!