cap 1 increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Aug 8, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I went thru planetfeedback in Feb. when I first got my cap 1 card, as I was unhappy with the credit line. Mr. Miller called me and gave me an increase on the spot. Yesterday I spoke with a rep. who said they show no increase available for me yet. So I wrote an email directly to Mr. Miller yesterday, bypassing planetfeedback. Today a Mr. Cook from the cap 1 consumer advocate called me. He said Mr. Miller was out of town but he could take care of my concerns. He gave me a $300 increase on the spot and told me to call back in a couple of months for more.

2. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

LOL! Mr Cook must be one heckuva busy guy! I just spoke with him this morning... ;-)

Deb

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

mr.miller@capitalone.com? :)

4. AJiLE

AJiLE Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with Capital One, and they've earned alot more respect from me. The man I spoke with was OVERLY helpful, and, while I couldn't get an increase right now, told me when I could and to try back. Then, he promptly transferred me to another lady to reduce my APR, which went from 24.40% to 17.9%... not great, not bad given my situation. As far as the Privacy Guard issue, I learned my lesson from Providian on those "CC Extras" that they push, so I tend to steer clear of anything from a CC Company (for now).

A. J.

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I don't know his personal e-mail address, but webinfo@capitalone.com takes you straight to Eugene Cook.

6. Cadillac408

Sorry that was actually a joke.....I guess no one got it. But thanks for the heads up about the web info address.

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats LKH!!

Jim

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I got it...didn't you hear me giggling over here?? LOL

teehee

9. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Umm, that really is Mr. Miller's email address.....

10. MikeB

MikeB Banned

j/k

See...... now THAT'S a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: j/k

Probably would not work with the ( . ) after mr...

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...if it is a real address...

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I'm..

Ms.NanaC@confused.com

Or Ms.NanaC@increasemylimitpleaseMrM.com
    LOL

14. Cadillac408

Sure it would. As long as it is a (.) (-) or (_) it will work.
    mr.miller
    mr-miller
    mr_miller
    mrmiller

These are all valid email formats. Those would all work no problem as long as it's followed by "@______.____" Now weather the email address is actually a working email address or not is the big mystery.

15. SD

SD Well-Known Member

Used webinfo@capitalone.com

I recently was approved for a Visa Gold with a $200 limit (oh yay...). Anyway, instead of using PlanetFeedback to request a higher limit, I decided to use the email address that's on the site, but Mr. Cook didn't respond. It was C. Noel. He was no help at all. He told me what I already knew: call after six months of establishing this account, etc...

I will send the same letter thru PlanetFeedBack to see if I get some results.

By the way, I also have secured MC with a $200 limit (opened Jan 01). I called them two days ago to request an increase and she said since my acct was over six months and maintained very well, I would get a $200 increase. They're pretty stingy compared to Providian, but it's better than nothing.

16. SD

SD Well-Known Member

Re: Used webinfo@capitalone.com

I received an email this morning from Eugene Cook after sending the letter via PFB. I haven't called him yet since I'm at work, but as soon as I do, I'll post the results...