Cap 1 more ques........

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by niecy25, Feb 16, 2001.

1. niecy25

niecy25 Well-Known Member

Will Cap 1 let you get both a secured visa and mastercard. Also with the 99- 200 offer are you allowed to send in more money to increase your credit limit or do you have to let them increase it. Finally, if they do let you get both cards will they let you upgrade both of them to gold cards.

Thanks for your responses

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

1.You can have two secured cards. yes.
    2. They told me no, no extra money at all unless they invite you to do so. ??
    3. They gave me a unsecured gold card after 9 months of the program. Benefits? to me none, higher yearly fee i spose.

its an ugly GOLD card with the words GOLD written all over it, in case you don't know what GOLD color is?

3. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Why don't you apply for FCNB Bank or Providian instead. I have heard that they are goog with credit increases.

4. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

By the way is the same to have Cap 1 Gold card or the classic!. The Same interest rate, anual fee, low limits, etc.

5. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Gold is a bit better

39 fee not 59. started w/same baby 300 limit. 19.8 or so to start, but in 7 months I've worked it up to 1200, 13.9 interest, and I got half my annual fee rebated. If I could get them to just up the limit a bit more, it's actually then a good card. Grace period, of course.