Cap 1 & OTL Charges

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeB, Jan 28, 2001.

1. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I exceeded the limit on my little $200 Gold card by $2.00. Will it take 6 months before I am eligible for an increase?

I don't see the logic behind OTL charges effecting credit increases in the first place. I have never been late on a payment and often make 2 payments a month. That should be all that is important. After all, Cap One got $25.00 OTL charge from me as well as perfect payment history. Seems that this would be a perfect time to INCREASE my credit limit as long as payments are made on time. Simple math..MORE CREDIT TO ME = MORE MONEY FOR CAP ONE...
    At the very least, there should be a week grace period after your account goes OTL so that you can make a quick online payment to cover it. I am finished complaining...thx:)

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

One cent, one minute late means no increase for 6 months. Let us know how you made out.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

i was over the limit by 57cents once with capital one during my first 6 months having the secured card. they told me that is why they didnot offer me an increase. I called them right at 6 months. I screamed bloody murder at the rep and asked to cancel the card and get my money back. She gave me a $200 increase. I unsecured the card for 100 bucks about 3 months later. They then told me 3 months later at the following 6 month mark, that i had to wait 6 months after unsecuring a card to receive another increase. So that put me at 9 months later to get another increase. All i can say is capital one runs a tight game. Very tight with increases. Dont expect much. And if you get a big increase you will be pleasantly surprised.

4. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

But you probably can get the $25 overlimit fee refunded if you call and explain what
    happened.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

OVER LIMIT AND LATE FEES ARE 100% PURE PROFIT...

I personally wouldn't accept a credit card with a $200 limit (it would be "FULL" the first day), but you did, so I would
    keep track to the penny fronm now on.

If you don't need the card tell them you will close it if they don't remove the over limit fee of $25.00...IF THEY WON'T, DUMP THEM IMMEDIATELY...

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

it is customary for capitalone to waive an OTL charge one time for you..

the rep told me :)..

(no i didt go otl)

7. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Cap One DID waive an OTL fee, as a courtesy (so the rep said), and he did also tell me that they'd only do it once.

Cheers,
    Cindy

8. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Thanks! (nt)