Cap 1 Paid Charge Off Help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by carsNmoney, Aug 16, 2003.

1. carsNmoney

carsNmoney Active Member

I paid Mann & Bracken a settlement of 990.00 to take care of an old Cap 1 Mastercard Charge Off.. It was reporting a Paid Charge Off which I could live with seeing that I made the debt in the 1st place.. Now I check my report and Cap 1 is reporting that In Feb of 03 it was reporting as a 0 Balance and now it is reporting a 2009 Balance.. I tried calling Cap 1 and they are saying that I still owe the money and I am looking at my old report where it is a PAID CHARGE OFF.. What should I do? This is killing me..

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

How did it go from 990 to o to 2009?

3. lbrown59

4. carsNmoney

carsNmoney Active Member

I have no Idea how it did that.. All I know is that I paid Mann & Bracken 990.00 and it brought it down to zero Paid Charge Off... Then my balance kept going up and up and up and up..

5. carsNmoney

carsNmoney Active Member

Yep.. Mann & Bracken owned the debt at the time.. When I spoke to the Cap 1 Charge Off Department.. They were supposed to give them a call and verify with Mann & Bracken that the debt was paid and I haven't heard anything since..

6. lbrown59

Originally posted by carsNmoney
    I paid Mann & Bracken
    ======================
    Maybe they ran off with the money.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

7. carsNmoney

carsNmoney Active Member

I was thinking that too.. But after I did pay it off.. It was reporting correctly.. Then a few months later the balance was back.. and some..

8. lbrown59

Paid Charge Off Help

1*Yep.. Owned the debt at the time.
    2*When I spoke to the Cap 1 Charge Off Department.. They were supposed to give them a call and verify with Mann & Bracken that the debt was paid
    cars N money
    =================
    1*
    2*If Mann & Bracken owned it; it is none of Cap Ones concern wither it was paid or not.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

9. carsNmoney

carsNmoney Active Member

Paid Charge Off Help

So how can I fix this problem.. As of yesterday.. It showed up s Cap 1 zero balance.. Past due 2009

10. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Paid Charge Off Help

Have you disputed with the CRA? Did you dispute it when you paid it by chance?

11. carsNmoney

carsNmoney Active Member

Paid Charge Off Help

Yes I disputed with Equifax.. Today I went to the district courthouse and got myself an order of satisfacton that the case was dismissed.. Faxed that over to Cap 1 and called Cap 1.. They claim that their fax is "not in their system" and to call back tomorrow..