Cap 1 Plat Vs Gold?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, May 29, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Are there any differences between the two? Benefits to upgrade to a platinum??...anyone know what the minimum line is to qualify for Plat?
    Right now I'm sitting at 12.9 no annual fee with a CL of about 3k.
    Anyone know or have a Plat card and can share their experience?
    AnnMarie

2. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I think the minimum credit line for a Cap1 Platinum is $5,000. It also has no annual fee, fixed 9.99% rate, grace period, and the usual Gold and Platinum benefits (car insurance, purchase protection, extended warranty coverage, travel accident insurance).

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

My understanding is the same as Steve's.

4. AnnMarie

Thanks for the response! I'll let this sit for a couple months then try to upgrade the account.

AnnMarie

5. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

The Cap one web site has a comparison of all their cards. The thing I didn't like about the Goldcard was the credit limit maxed out at $2,000 and it has a $6 per month fee. Platinum went to $20,000. Thats probably the bigest difference.

6. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

...And if you want the absolute most credit that Cap One offers, try for the Miles One Mastercard. It has the same deals as the Platinum, but the money spent on the card equals miles on any airline, on any date, no blackouts! Plus, the credit limit goes to $30,000. Just food for thought.

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Gold CARDS are a dime a dozen at CAP 1 with a limit as low as 200. Famous for pulling all three reports when applying for Platium. Jumping from around 3k limit to Platinum is proably too big of a jump at Capital. Income for their Platinum is 40k or more, 5k higher than most issuers.

8. AnnMarie

Hmmm.....well, that comparison chart is not accurate at all!
    The terms of my GOLD account:
    12.9 FIXED
    NO fees
    3900 CL
    And the site is saying that classic cards have higher CLs than Gold? How wacky!
    Ugh.

AnnMarie

9. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Your first post stated credit line around 3k, later you used 3900 credit line, having this line and you are alot closer in obtaining Platinum.