Cap 1 Platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Mar 8, 2001.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Speaking of Cap1 cards, does anyone on the board have this one? Have you heard anything good about Cap1 customer service for this card? I've read mixed reviews so far on one site about this card, but then again I've seen mixed reviews for many other Platinums as well. I'm thinking of applying for this one to get the 0% intro and 9.9% fixed and no annual fee.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am not sure how your credit is, but this card seems HARD to get. Most people that have appplied for Platinum are offered their classic card with high apr. But if your credit is excellent I wouldn't see any problems.

3. rick

rick Well-Known Member

I have the Cap One Platinum. If you read a previous post...I had a BK7 on my record (it was 8 yrs old at the time) and I got an unsecured Cap 1 Platinum with a $5000 limit. They offered to raise my limit last year (I got a letter in the mail) to $7500. I didn't respond to the offer, since I didn't need or want that high of a limit. I guess they didn't see me as a big risk, since I had a secured card with them in the past and had a great payment history. I never really call customer service, except last October when I needed a new card because it cracked on the magnetic strip. (I wore the old one out!) They were quite friendly, but wanted to sell me a balance transfer and credit insurance, which I declined. I do wish they would have some sort of rewards program though.

4. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

I applied for that card, but was offered their classic card instead. And they said that they would periodically review the account for credit line increases. I wonder when will that happen, my acct is almost one year old.

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Okay, when Platinum card applicants get offered the Classic card, is it with or without an annual fee?

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

with an annual fee for me