Cap 1 Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by toromio, Aug 23, 2001.

1. toromio

toromio Well-Known Member

I got my Cap 1 in 1998. They offered me a cc if I paid on old debt they had bought. I agreed, as I figured this was the only way to get a cc. At the time they told me I could get an increase letter, after establishing with them. I called them a few months ago to ask for my FIRST increase, and was told the following from the rep I spoke with, "Your type of account is not available for an increase. We are looking into offering an increase to our long time customers who came to us via this program, but a decission has not been made." I have a perfect history with them, always pay on time, and am an au on spouse's Cap 1 Gold. Has anyone else had them say that? It just seems odd to me that I have been with them for so long, have never asked for an increase (or lowered APR), and they tell me flatly NO WAY because of the manner in which the account was opened. I don't want to cancel the card, because it is a possitive tl on my CRA, but would love to increase to $1000.

2. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I have the same issue with the same type of account. I owe them $300.00 and when it's paid, I'm closing their worthless account.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

apply for another cap 1 account, you'd be suprised.

Planetfeedback and mr miller might be able to guide you..

4. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

Good advice from Sam, Cap 1 loves to issue multiple accounts.