Cap 1 Secured

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by staces5, Oct 27, 2001.

1. staces5

staces5 Well-Known Member

Capitol one turned me down for a SECURED card!! I am really at the bottom of the barrell now :-(

2. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Did they say why?

I would consider a PF letter and I think Mr. M or Mr. C can help you...but what are the circumstances?

I know you can be un black listed from CapOne if that's the issue.

3. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Stace:

If you need a guaranteed card and don't have it, I would get a secured Sterling.

$200 deposit, $19 application fee, $39 annual fee.

They give you 120% of your deposit for a credit line and customer service is top notch (I was pleasantly surprised)

They are not accepting online or phone payments, but I can tell you they will not "lose" your check or post it late.

This is why they will be the last sub prime card to go when that time comes.

Also, they are very concerned with fraud. I have received three friendly phone calls when I use my card online say 2 or more times a week. They want to be sure I did it, and they are not the least bit nasty about it. Nice to see a company looking out for me even though I have had credit problems...they never act like I deserve bad treatment. :)

4. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. If you are up to it, post some general details of your credit history. This board has many posters that will try to point you in the right direction.

A rejection from a Cap 1 secured card is not the end of your rebuilding or credit building life.

Best regards,
    Mirage

5. anna

anna Well-Known Member

Citi approved ME for a secured card - $800 deposit - but if they'd approve me, they'll approve anyone!

However, I am not interested in secured cards. I want an un-secured card and an un-secured card I WILL HAVE within 4 months. Youns can quote me!

"I am woman hear me roar" - Hellen Reddy

6. staces5

staces5 Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't post any details before...i was just to down about it! I applied online for me and my husband. We filed bk 7 on Friday, the 19th of October and I wanted to go ahead and build a tradeline because we want a mortgage in 2 years. I applied like on the 18th and I called on Thursday of this week to get the status, i was not in the computer and they did not know why, so i pfb'ed Mr Cooke and he called me and was very nice, but told me that we had been decline and that they would send a letter as to why...that's it, no offer to help or anything!! Our scores are low....mid to upper 500's, many charge off's and old collections and one judgement...im pretty sure the bk would not be showing up yet, but I guess it could be. I guess I will wait and see what the letter gives as reasons and go from there. I will try Sterling, author, thanks for the tip.