cap one and Trans Union

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Apr 25, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I called trans union tday and played studpid and told the rep my limits for cap one are not being reported. He said they should be reported and started a disupte to add the limits. We'll see if that works. He was a little too nice so I am suspicious.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Let us know how it turns out.

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

ok

One account was listed as closed so that is part of the dispute too.

Oh and the only negative item that I have on Trans came back"new information below". Now to me that means there was a change and the new information is listed below in the entry. Am I way off on this thinking??? The rep said that means it was verified. I know that is not true because I have seen "verified" as a result of my dispute. I am taking it one step at a time. When this cap one dispute is over I will hit that again. I spent two hours on the phone today with different companies regarding my student loans and credit bureaus. OF course I'll let you guys know what happens. Good luck everyone.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: ok

This is exactly what happened to me w/ Cap 1 and TransUnion.

End result: Cap 1 failed to respond (they didn't want to report the limits), TRADELINE DELETED.

This was a "hard delete", which means the tradeline can not be re-inserted, even if the creditor keeps reporting.

Saar

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Can't molly...

simply send a copy of her latest statement to TU and have them insert the limit? This is what I intend to do.

That is really scary Saar - that your account was deleted.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Can't molly...

Forgot to add - I did enclose a statement at the time.

(Would have fought it, but in the long run, my file is better off w/o a tradeline that was closed after only 7 months.)

Saar

7. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I actually started a dispute with Transunion but cancelled it the next day b/c I figured Cap One, knowing what I was up to, would ignore the dispute altogether and cause Transunion to delete the entire tradeline.

Transunion didi that with a car loan tradeline, when the company did not respond. They deleted it as a "hard delete" without the ability for it to come back even if it was re-reported.

But they still had it in their system even after the deletion b/c a rep put it back on after I complained about the deletion 4 months later.

Marci

8. Saar

Saar Banned

I'm trying the same w/ the Amex Optima Platinum, who they report not only as "N/A" limit, but zero high balance as well! That way it looks as though you're always over the limit. Their incredibly stupid credit bureau unit reported zero as the actual limit on Equifax! Not just "N/A" like other CRA's, but an actual zero. (Experian knows better, and overrides their zero's with their own internal "high balance" past figures on record.)

This I intend to fight. I won't give it a rest, and won't rule out litigation, if necessary.

No such problem w/ the Blue products.

Saar

9. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

RE: Cap One limits

Thanks guys. I will leave my Cap one account alone. I ran up a 3K charge to show the high limit anyway.

10. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

saar,
    Was that Optima card secured?

11. Saar

Saar Banned

No, I said it was the Optima Platinum

Saar