Cap One apr. lowered

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, May 3, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

A month or so ago, I got my Cap One apr. lowered from 17.8% fixed to 13.9% variable after complaining via Planet Feedback. Yesterday, I got my statement in the mail. I expected to see 13.9% as the apr. Instead it is 12.3%!!! I remember that the Fed dropped interest rates during April but not this much. Anyway, it's nice to see the rate dropping without any effort on my part.

2. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

wow! bonus!
    definitely can't complain about that!

AnnMarie

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Jim,
    Congfradulations! Capita One is hard to give anyone to lower the rate and increase the credit limit. I had Capital One for over three years they increase my Capital One fro $1000 to $2300 and lower my rate from 19.8% to 15.9 % APR. They increase my Kmart card to $5500 in three months after it was opened. Only thing I don't like Capital One that they don't report the credit limit to credit bureaus.

Ron.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

You know there is an irony here. I went back and looked at the apr.'s on the 6 credit cards I discharged in my BK. The apr.'s ranged from 12.5% to 13.5% back in '98. I don't think I have ever had credit card with such a low apr. before. I hope it lasts.