Cap One APR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I've had my CapOne account since last April. In December, my APR was 20.80. Since December, my APR has reduced by .50% and now it's at 18.8%....a whole 2%!!!

Now I realize that's not GREAT but it's a welcome surprise. I'm about to call and see if I can get a credit line increase....WOOHOO!

2. Shantel

YEAH BABY...I got an increase! Okay, sure, it was only $200 but hey, that's WAY cool for me! Helps with my debt to limit ratios!

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Shantel! Every little bit helps...

:)

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

CONGRATS!!!!! 200 from CAP1 is a decent increase!!!

Next month call up and try for a lower APR :) Keep at them and you'll soon have prime terms and a great credit limit ;)

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Look at your terms...

My Cap One contract is a variable rate - it changes with prime. Prime has been going down. :)

breeze

6. Shantel

Prime hasn't been going down consistantly .50% for the last 6 months has it? I understand what you are saying (and I'll have to check the terms when I get home), but I would expect to see prime going down over the last 6 months.

In ANY case, prime or no prime....18% is better and 22% which is what I think it started it.

7. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Prime Rate (these are my records - may not be exact date of the FOMC meetings):

5/17/00 9.5
    1/3/01 9.0
    1/31/01 8.5
    3/20/01 8.0
    4/19/01 7.5
    5/16/01 7.0

Congrats on the increase!