CAp One increase again

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by racinut88, Feb 27, 2001.

1. racinut88

racinut88 Well-Known Member

I have had the cap1 card since 4/00 had a 100.00 increase in 11/00 from 250.00. Two weeks ago they sent me a letter putting me up to 500.00. I just called to see if they would switch it to the GOLD, they said no but increased it to 1000.00 and cut the annual fee in half from 59.00

She said I can call next month and ask again and they will take a look to see if they can go further.

YIPPY SKIPPITY hahahaha

2. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

I just called to cancel my $200 "beer money" CapOne card (which I got in 10/00), got transferred to retention, and got a $300 increase. I shoulda tried that last month when I was whining about the low limit, and that daggone over the limit thing (I went overlimit one day and paid it online the next day. They did cancel the fee for me, which was cool.)

BTW I now am going to cancel FNB Marin, and in six months, the yucky First Premier.

Cheers,
    Cindy

3. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I've had the card for 1.5-2 months... think if I threaten to cancel they will give me an increase? My limit at this time is $200 (woohoo) and it is a secured card. Or maybe they will actually close my acct? I would like to keep this card (I also have a Providian Gold and Aria Persona) and hopefully combine in the future if they offer me a gold Cap One card. Input?? Thanks

4. racinut88

racinut88 Well-Known Member

That wouldn't do anything on my card that is 1.5-2 months old

5. DAW

DAW Guest

Maybe it's time for another phone call to retention. The only result I've gotten is an intrest rate cut, and a couple hundred dollars on my gold card.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Capital One is known tough to increase credit limit if your account is belongs to subprime type. I had two accounts with them. One is secured and it took more than five years to unsecure and refuse to increase credit lines because it was secured card. The other is mail offers and it started out to give me $1000 and take your years to increase to 2300.I cannot request any credit line increase like other bank and they will do increase anually. They can't do away annual fees. About 3 months I recieved a Kmart Card offer from them and no annual fee and they approved me for $3000. After three months, they increase the credit lines to 5500 without asking. I think that it depends the type of accounts with them.