Cap One & Lex

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by IVAN, May 17, 2001.

1. IVAN

IVAN Well-Known Member

Well, I went through Planet Feedback and requested a credit limit increase with Capital One. My account was opened last July with a whooping $200.00 limit. I spoke with customer service in April and I was told that I wouldn't be considered for a limit increase until the accouunt was at least one year old. I dug around in my files and found the "welcome to Capital One" letter. It stated that I would be considered for an increase in as little as three months. In comes Mr. Miller. He increased my limit to $700.00. He said I can request another increase in nine months :).

On another note, I "took the Lexington plunge" today. I have been working on my files on my own on and off for a couple of years. I just don't have the time or patience to see it to the end. Some tax liens remain and a secured card with 30 and 60 lates from a few years ago. I will post my results as I obtain them.

Although I am mainly a lurker, thanks to the board for all the input.

Iv

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the increase. I also submitted a letter to Planetfeedback, but have yet to hear from a human.
    Good luck with Lexington.

3. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I wonder where Mr. Miller comes up with these intervals. He told me 8 months, whereas I thought you could get an increase in 6 months. Now I hear 9 months. Pretty soon, I guess it will be 12 months.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TRY ALMOST 72 MONTHS...

ON DISCOVERCARD

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

~ 60 MONTHS STILL A LONG TIME

6. MikeB

MikeB Banned

George, did you call C.S. or retention and ask them to pull a report (if necessary) and reevaluate your limits? Have you paid on time with no OTLs? If so, that royally sucks. I would call back again and again until they give you a reason. I would call Retention and tell them to put a note on your account that you are going to close the account when you find a replacement. LOL Thx for the info. I definitely will never apply for a Discover card again.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WANT AN INCREASE WITH-OUT A CREDIT REPORT BEING PULLED!!!!

NO LATES
    NO OVER LIMIT
    NO BK
    NO COLLECTIONS
    OLDEST CARD 1978

8. MikeB

MikeB Banned

That makes no sense on their part. It is like they don't want to make money.
    Thanks for the info. <Tears Discover application in half>

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BUT YOU CAN GET LIKE 1.90% FOR FIVE MONTHS WITH A "GO TO" 14.99%

WAY BETTER TERMS THAN I HAVE!!!!!