Cap One Marketing ???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike E, Nov 21, 2000.

1. Mike E

Mike E Guest

Is anybody else out there getting all sorts of different marketing crap from these people?

In the last couple of weeks I must have gotten 8 different offers from them.

The best one had to be the Federal Express looking thing that came via US mail. On first glance it actually LOOKED like it came from FED EX.

Then came the cute kittens and puppies type cards.

Best yet was the offer of the GOLD CARD! WOW I can get a gold card with a $300 limit!

I have all of you here to thank for shredding all this crap.

Mike E

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I dont

I dont get any soliciations at all. I must have the worst credit on the planet. Damn.

roni

3. Mike E

Mike E Guest

Your credit is better than min

I can assure you.

Citi took one look at me and fell over laughing. I'm sure they were debating over the method of delivering the rejection letters...

Trust me, you don't need the CapOne offers.

Mike E

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Your credit is better than

Maybe, but I still dont understand why I get nothing. I never got a providian offer. I applied for them myself. I dont want them. Citibank sent me offers last spring but I thought they were joking.

roni

5. Mike E

Mike E Guest

I think you were lucky enough not to sink so low as some of us.

Perhaps the reason is because I have the following:

Providian
    FCNB
    FNCC
    and an auto loan from Household Bank.

I have "subprime" written all over me.

I would love to get ANY Citi card. They simply think I'm sub-human.

BTW, Roni thanks for all your thoughts on the board.

Mike E

6. ng

ng Guest

I think I have you beat Mike.
    I have a Credit Card called Choice.
    Anyone on this board ever heard of that card?
    No one else has.
    Guess who it belongs to?
    CitiBank
    Had it for years.
    I would like to have a card that says Citibank on it. They will NOT give me one. They have lowered my rate and increased my credit line and it is not a secured card.
    But I would say sub-prime.

7. Skip

Skip Guest

I received a capone secured card offer which I turned down. Then I received a capone gold card offer the 300 dollar one. I may have made a mistake in accepting Iam watching the board to see how often they increase the limits and what kinda problems people have with this card. I have never received a citibank offer and I also may have sub-prime written all over me-I got Providian, Orchard, Merchants Bank.

8. S.D.

S.D. Guest

A few weeks ago, I applied for an unsecured CapOne. Received an offer for $200 secured w/ $199 deposit. I didn't accept, and just yesterday, I got another offer from them. This time $200 secured w/ $99 deposit. I'm debating on if I should take this card, but w/ all the negatives I hear about them on this board, I think I should pass. Any suggestions?? Maybe if I wait a little longer they'll send me a better offer?

9. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

That's O.K.....

At least you don't get offers for your dad who has never lived at your residence or in the state of CA since 1991! Better yet.....at least you don't get offers for your deceased mother who has been dead for 3 years!

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey I may top that

My son who is TWELVE YEARS OLD, received a preapproval for an account with some candy and nut company. It stated his account was for 100.00!!!!!!

Mom

11. cadman

cadman Well-Known Member

RE: I dont

Me too roni, the only one that I ever get from them is the Kmart Mastercard every three months.

12. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: Hey I may top that

I'm starting to recieve mail with my first name & my brother-in-law's last name. I'm sure the credit offers will start coming in that name soon. :)

13. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Mom,

That very same thing happened to a friend of mine when he was around 15 or so. ;-) He ordered a bunch of Christmas presents, and subsequently did not pay the bill. Lo and behold, when he was in his 20's and trying to get credit, wouldn't you know the company had blemished his report with a charge-off! So be sure to watch your son's mail, LOL!

Cheers,
    Cindy

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I will Cindy, he seemed to receive these strange offers after we ordered aircraft cards for him.

Mom