Cap One offer

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jsever, Sep 21, 2001.

1. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

I've been resisting Cap1 offers for years but got one today that's hard to resist. "Guaranteed approval for a gold mastercard." "Guaranteed credit line up to $3000." 0% intro rate until April 2002, no annual fee. I'm tempted, but the key words here are "... up to ..." I'm afraid the credit limit would end up being $200. What do you think?

2. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

Started reading fine print. 14% apr after April 2002, also a 6.00 membership fee per month. Do the rest of you pay a membership fee on your cap one cards?

3. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

I have noticed on their site, there are two different gold cards. One for those with poorer credit that includes those monthly and yearly fees, with the 19.8% interest rate. The other one has none of those fees, and a 14.9% rate. I have managed to drop my rate from 19.8% last year (09/00) down to 12.9%. I am happy with the company. I'd try it, but DO read the fine print first.

4. aigle

aigle Well-Known Member

I know somebody that got the exact same offer this week. They accepted by mail, so I don't know what their limit will be. I suspect it's gonna be a $200 line for $6 per month! LOL