Cap One Platinum - Yes!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CardKid, May 11, 2001.

1. CardKid

CardKid Well-Known Member

After a week of anxiety, I was informed today by the Consumer Advocate that my 2 Cap One accounts were approved to be consolidated into a "shiny" new Platinum Card with a $5200 line. That's a $2,000 credit line increase and new plastic.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!

CardKid

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Hope you get that low 9.9% apr too!

3. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

Kid,
    Good for you!! Congrats...Cap 1 may not report limits, but they do a great job with their consumer advocacy --

I was about to do my normal thing and pay cash when I had to buy a new lawnmower and some other things last week, but I decided to use my Cap1 card and run up the balance then do an online payment in a couple of weeks to cover the charges...

There are ways around everything in this world!

Went to Vegas and all I have left is...

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Alright!!! That's great news. Congrats!! I'm still waiting to hear from someone regarding my Planetfeedback letter. It has been a week now. I received the original e-mail informing me that my issue is being addressed, but I have heard nothing since. Didn't you send a letter via Planet? If so, how long did it take for you to receive a personal response?
    Enjoy that shiny new card!! ;-)

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Great Job! Maybe I should write the advocate again....

6. BostonJeff

BostonJeff Well-Known Member

Wow, great news. I had similar luck over the past few weeks. A $2700 increase across my 4 accounts that were consolidated into a Platinum account this week. All with the help of the Consumer Adv office.

It's all good :)

7. CardKid

I sent an email via Planet Feedback. Then, a day or so later, I called Cap One. No one could help until I asked for the Executive Office. Then, "the ball started rolling."

CardKid

8. BostonJeff

BostonJeff Well-Known Member

Did you get the 9.9 rate when you consolidated? I could only get 12.9.

Thanks

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

breeze

10. CardKid

The rate's 9.9%.

CardKid