Cap One Platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I recently got approved for this, but I think they only gave me a credit line of $1,000 (too many recent inquiries I guess). How are they at granting increases on their Platinum cards? The rep I spoke to said that they would consider an increase after the first three months and then may increase again after 6 months.

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

It is tough for them to give Cap One Platinium and even they approve you $1000. My brother got denied because he didn't owe enough for the other accounts.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I thought Cap1 Platinum was a difficult card to get??? I was under the impression that the minimum credit line would be $5K????

4. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Just got a card in the mail, not a Platinum card even though the rep said that my application was approved a few days earlier. I'll probably cancel it soon because I didn't get any letter of fees and percentage rates. Who knows what they'll charge me? I normally don't use any card unless I have a written statement of percentages and fees. I'm really disappointed with Capitol One because they didn't tell me that I would be given a regular card instead of a Platinum. At least if they told me this as a courtesy I would have considered their regular card. What a waste of an inquiry!!!

Sure Cap1 Platinum cards may be tough to get, but so are these cards that I have:

Citibank Platinum Visa ($7,500 limit)
    Chase Platinum Master Card ($12,000 limit)
    MBNA Platinum Visa ($11,700 limit)
    Discover Platinum ($7,500 limit)
    AMEX Optima Platinum
    AMEX Blue

I really don't understand Capitol One's reasoning in giving Platinum cards. I would recommend everyone here not to apply for this card, it's a complete waste of an inquiry!!! Don't go for this bait and switch scam!!!

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Mike, you got pretty good cards like mine. Capital One famous for giving out high credit. I got MBNA Quantum, Sony Citibank Platinium Select Card, Discover Platinium, and a cpule of the others, they just give me Cap 1 classic and K-mart MasterCard. I'm sure you're disappoint when you recieved Cap 1 classic cards. Did you get 9.9 %APR on your classic card?