Cap One Secured

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Larissa, Jul 20, 2001.

1. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with Cap One checking to see if they have received the check for my security deposit yet (no-I just sent it 7/13, they said to give it 2 weeks) and while I was on with them decided to ask what their guidelines were for converting a Secured card to unsecured and was told that after 1 year of on time payments, no over limits, etc I could be "considered" for an Unsecured account. Has anyone had experience with this? Is it generally and easy process? Also does anyone know if you can get cl increases on a secured card without paying for them, or no? I am so impatient, I know!

Hey Nana...my bro is an Avs fan too! I like the Sabres though...but without Hasek I don't know how good they are going to be :-(

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Oooh, the Sabres lost out with that, I know. We kept the biggies, as you know, minus Bourque...gonna miss Dingman though...but Roy, Sakic, and Blake..Yeah, Baby! LOL

I can't wait for it to start again...:)

3. annie

annie Well-Known Member

Why don't you try to apply for a Kmart card? It is from Cap 1. I was approved for $200 and so was my mother, I applied for her online while she gave me the info.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

about 14 months i unsecured mine and combined with a gold unsecured they gave me at month 10.

Rules for unsecuring:
    1. Nothing no nsf, no over limit, no late, no anything.
    2. No credit increase in past 6 months period.

Worked real well for me. Mr miller killed my secure account, applied the $103 towards the balance, and move the limit over to my gold card.