Cap One

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by penguin, Jul 11, 2001.

1. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any luck removing a paid charge off from Cap One? I paid it off in '96, and it's still coming back as verified. If any of you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it! BTW, I disputed with TU on this account as "not mine", and it came back verified. The problem is, it still shows a balance of $348, when it should be zero. I didn't want to point out that error because, in essence, I would be admitting that the account is mine. What should I do in this case?

2. jmart

jmart Well-Known Member

Did you pay the charge-off in full, or settle on it? If you settled, they will list a remaining balance, even though the account is notated 'Settled in Full'.. I just found out today that they are currently reporting the wrong amount for my paid off settled account...something else to dispute! If they can't verify it in 30 days, it's gone!

3. tltrader

tltrader Active Member

I question that last reply. A remaining balance suggests you still owe money. If you settled in full then the remaining balance should be zero.

4. c5kirk

c5kirk Well-Known Member

penguin,

I would suggest writing to Capital One through planetfeedback.com. My wife had a similar situation and it was resolved wonderfully thanks to pfb and Mr. Miller.

For more details on her situation and the outcome Click here.

Good Luck!

Kirk