cap1 and others

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Nov 17, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I am really getting more frustrated with my capital one accounts. I closed one account this week. They gave me a $300 increase but I still called back and closed it. I wanted a stinking upgrade to gold or plat from them and they will not do it. Providian for get it. They wont give me any metal. But at least providian reports credit limits. I was looking at my equifax report tonight, and capital one has my $2,000 credit limit card listed as $300 limit and $16 balance. That is not true at all. That is not accurate at all. They have some nerve doing that. I am thinking about closing the above account next month. Capital one is on my @!#$ list this month.

roni,

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Roni

You off to a terrific start with your credit status, now I realize Cap 1 is oldest tradeline correct?? But I seem to recall you wanting to maybe purchase a home is 2 years, if that's the case dump those suckers and rely on what you have now, just a thought:)

Mom

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Roni

I'm thinking the same thing mom. I just am a little scared to dump em. You know them being the oldest 11/99. But I will not be buying anything for 1.5-2 years. I have to learn this area first. I still cant even get around well yet.

roni,

4. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

They sent me an upgrade invitation for the Gold this week, which included a $1000 increase. But there was to be a $39 fee. I called them, told them that maybe I'd go for it if they waived the fee and just forget about the increase. After getting passed to the third person they said they'd "split the difference" of the fee, and I'd just pay $19. I held out and said, "no way," that I now had other available cards with no fee, and threatened to cancel my Classic card before Janurary when it's fee is assessed. We reached a stalemate, as they would budge no further on this issue. As we were concluding the conversation thay said that as a consolation they would drop my current interest rate a few points from 21.? to 17.?. BIG DEAL! I will try this exercise again with a different rep next week. Even though this is my oldest trade line, they are history if they don't come off of this attitude.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I dont understand where that attitude comes from. Maybe they have a lot of pressure to get fees out of people. And maybe they can't go but so low on APRs.

roni,

Alwilda Smith wrote:
    -------------------------------
    They sent me an upgrade invitation for the Gold this week, which included a $1000 increase. But there was to be a $39 fee. I called them, told them that maybe I'd go for it if they waived the fee and just forget about the increase. After getting passed to the third person they said they'd "split the difference" of the fee, and I'd just pay $19. I held out and said, "no way," that I now had other available cards with no fee, and threatened to cancel my Classic card before Janurary when it's fee is assessed. We reached a stalemate, as they would budge no further on this issue. As we were concluding the conversation thay said that as a consolation they would drop my current interest rate a few points from 21.? to 17.?. BIG DEAL! I will try this exercise again with a different rep next week. Even though this is my oldest trade line, they are history if they don't come off of this attitude.