Cap1 buys DMB chargeoffs.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JimmyW, Apr 5, 2001.

1. JimmyW

JimmyW Guest

I just checked my TransUnion, and poof! there shows a chargeoff from Capitol One from 12/00. I only have one account with them since 7/00 and it is current. So I call Cap1 and they explain to me that they have purchased all charged off accounts from Direct Merchants Bank. Wow what a shocker. Lexington had gotten the measly 112.00 chargeoff removed on the first round of disputes and now low and behold it is back. Denied to Cap1 that I had ever had an account with DMB and they said to fax them a dispute letter and they would investigate within 60 days. Also gave me the crap that this was an attempt to collect a debt, yada, yada, yada. Any suggestions? Should I dispute with Cap1 or TransUnion. Thanks

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Cap1 buys DMB chargeoffs.
    Author: JimmyW (spider-wf042.proxy.aol.com)
    Date: 04-05-01 20:57

I just checked my TransUnion, and poof! there shows a chargeoff from Capitol One from 12/00. I only have one account with them since 7/00 and it is current. So I call Cap1 and they explain to me that they have purchased all charged off accounts from Direct Merchants Bank. Wow what a shocker. Lexington had gotten the measly 112.00 chargeoff removed on the first round of disputes and now low and behold it is back. Denied to Cap1 that I had ever had an account with DMB and they said to fax them a dispute letter and they would investigate within 60 days. Also gave me the crap that this was an attempt to collect a debt, yada, yada, yada. Any suggestions? Should I dispute with Cap1 or TransUnion. Thanks`````````````````````````````````
    `````````````````````````````

Reply To Message===If it's not valid as DMB then it's not valid as Cap 1!
    Why should calling it some thing else validate the the account?