Cap1 Chargeoff

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by heyryan, May 1, 2001.

1. heyryan

heyryan Member

Hey all,

I have a chargeoff from Cap1 from ..1998.... i'd been making payments through Genus, but wasn't happy with the way they were handling things, so I cancelled my account with them. (The account is now in the evil clutches of their collection agency...)

Does anyone know if I call Cap1, if there's some way they could recall my account from collection, and have me make payments to them? (i.e. resume sending me statements ....report payments, etc.)?

I've tried a couple times with them, but they keep transferring me to the collection agency before I can explain what I want.

Thanks in advance,
    Ryan ;)

2. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member

I thought I read somewhere that Cap One will take your charged-off account and transfer the balance owed to a new Cap One credit card to make payments on. I know for a fact they do that with old debts they purchased from other collection agencies.

3. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

Do you know of any way to contact them about this? I think they bought my AT&T Universal Card charged off in 1998. They sent me an offer about 6 months ago, but I didn't respond, now I am wishing I had. I don't have any credit cards, and can not get any because my credit is so bad, so this might be the only way to go about it.

Thanks

4. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Been down this road with them. Just remember the original charge-off is not deleted. The balance is merely transferred.

5. heyryan

heyryan Member

Couldn't you just dispute the old account and get it deleted?

6. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

I tried that but it keeps coming back verified. Maybe someone else has some advice?