Cap1 - Combining cards ??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Larry, Oct 24, 2000.

1. Larry

Larry Guest

In a previous post I read Roni telling Molly that she could combine a secured cc with an unsecured cc. This is the 1st time I hear of this strategy. When combining cards, how does that reflect in your CRs? Do you pay an annual fee? Are you refunded your secured deposit? please share as much as you know about this topic. TIA every1.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sorry, I dont have a secured card anymore with cap 1. I have 3 unsecured accounts. I called them today and they said that accounts could not be combined. I got the idea from someone's suggestion on the board. But that is a fantasy at capital one.

3. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

I confused now....

because I spoke with a rep on Sunday, and she told me that I coull combine my cards. I have four accounts. 2 secured and 2 unsecured. I wanted to combine all of them, but she told me that only two of them can be combined, and it will be completed within 5 days. I will keep you posted upon completion.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: I confused now....UPDATE

I just got off the phone with capital one. You know what the rep I spoke with today was a real b-i-t-c-h. But anyway, the rep tonight told me that I could combine them and combine the limits. YEH.