Cap1 Combining cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marie, Mar 8, 2001.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Talked to Cap1 about combining my 2 cards. They told me that when you combine cards, you can choose the better terms and request, at the same time, a line increase of up to 2500. It goes to the marketing dept, of all places.

Just wanted to pass this on in case anyone's wanting to combine cards: ask for an increase at the same time!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

They didnot tell me that when I combined my cards 2 weeks ago. Capital one are such scumbags.

roni

3. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me, I was told my a rep that I could apply for another Cap card after holding my other cc for 6 mos. When that time came, and I applied for the lower APR cc, they sent me a letter that I had just opened an acct within the last 45 days, What?

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

don't feel bad, one time I called just for info on it and the woman told me that it wasn't that easy.... and that I'd have to take the worst terms of the 2 cards... etc etc.
    LIES LIES LIES. That's why I always call several times to get info before doing anything. And I always ask "what is it that I don't know about this?". Works like a charm. That's how I found out about the possible 2.5k increase while combining