Cap1 gave in !!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Larry, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Larry

Larry Guest

Well, most people on this board know I wanted to unsecured my 20 month old Cap1 card,... well.... it happenned today, not only that, but it was also upgraded to gold (not that I am screaming from joy)... will also receive $123 security deposit back... CL will stay the same (for now :) ), APR or annual fees info were not available (Cap1 reps are not that knowledgeable about their own prods). I would have to wait to receive all pertaining card info in the mail.

Anyhow, I am please with the results... I'll work on one thing at a time. Persistence is KEY !

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Congrats Larry, that's great to hear, never give up:)

Mom

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

That's wonderful news, Larry. Congrats.

4. Larry

Larry Guest

Thanks Momof3, Dani !

I forgot to mention that it was a male CSR that made this happen... I believe his name was Harold, Jarol... I have tried 3 other times prior and had no success... all reps were female. (no offense intended) just a mental note.

Good luck to all !

5. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Awesome Larry:)

6. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Congratulations Larry!! That's great news

Kelly

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Persistence is the key (along with a male rep :)

Congrats Larry 20 months is a long time to wait for them to "accept" your ability for credit. You deserve it.

-Dave

8. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

Did you get any credit increase in 6 months prior to unsecuring you card?

9. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations Larry. That was a MAJOR accomplishment with Capital One! ;-)

10. Larry

Larry Guest

Re: N'awlins

Once after about a year, I managed to lower my apr also. I didn't request anything after that so I could get the card unsecured.