Cap1 Hl, Got Letter From Manager

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MOVINGONUP, Jun 24, 2003.

1. MOVINGONUP

MOVINGONUP Well-Known Member

I got a letter from CAPITOL 1 yesterday they said they don't report CL only HL.

Somebody mentioned to me that you can make a purchase beyond your credit limit and returning before you billing cycle ends and it will artificially report a higher HL than what CAP 1 set as your credit limit, ... thereby increasing you FICO score!!!

2. fellow

fellow Member

I wonder how you can make a purchase over your credit limit. You will either get rejected or pay a penelty,

someone please advise...

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Why don't you just do a BT about 2 weeks before your statement is printed...then pay it off about 2 days after the statement date...

"IF" you do the BUY AND RETURN deal...DON'T GO OVER YOUR LIMIT...EVEN IF YOU RETURN THE ITEM 2 DAYS AFTER THE STATEMENT DATE FOR CREDIT!!!

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

MOVINGONUP
    ====================
    This is a good way to get an over limit fee and a rate jack.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

MOVINGONUP
    Was misinformed.

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

No.

On a zero balance card in which there is no trailing interest, you should make a purchase up to a few dollars of your credit limit (BUT NOT OVER it) a few days BEFORE your statement cycle.

Allow the statement to cycle with the high balance on there. Then return the item.

7. MOVINGONUP

MOVINGONUP Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Cap1 Hl, Got Letter From Manager

Yes, I was misinformed Thank You all for catching that.

I called CAP-ONE a few days after recieving the letter. The CSR and the SUPERVISOR told me that I could go over my limit by a percentage amount. I neveer asked how much. But, the told me even if I pay my card back down prior to my billing cycle I will still be charged an overlimit fee.

.... Just thought I would let everybody know!!!!