Cap1 How Many?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Sally, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Sally

Sally Guest

How many Cap 1 accounts can I get. I received a secured Visa in December 2000 for $99 for $400.00 limit. I now want to get the Gold Card (unsecured). I have made 3 payments to Cap1 on my secured card on time with no overlimits. The web site page says not to apply for another account within 90 days. Well it's over 90 days now. I don't want to waste another inquire. " Any help would be great"...........Sally

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

If you only qualified for the secured card 3 months ago, I doubt that you would get a gold card now. If your credit has drastically improved since then, well that is different story. But to answer your question, I had 3 cards with capital one at one time.

roni

3. Sally

Sally Guest

Thank you very much for the information...Sally

4. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Don't apply for Cap 1 yet. They only would send you another secured card with $200 only
    and place an inquire in each of your three cr bureaus.

5. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Sally,

Wait until your account goes to unsecured status and then try. Capital One is probably one of the most conservative companies out there. I can almost assure you that with only three months payment history they will not approve. You may want to try Orchard Bank...they will offer an unsecured card with a low limit to start.Good luck.

Sean

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I don't know how many Capital One allowed you to get. One time I got three cards from them at one time.One si secured MasterCard and the other two are unsecured.