Cap1 increase 6 days early

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marie, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Finally got an increase on my Gold card. 500. Like pulling teeth. It's the first time I have ever really gotten mad.
    I am 6 days short of the 6 months. 6 days. I kept getting the "please call back in a week" thing. I'd really finally had it with them.

Was told no yesterday. CAlled back today b/c I was so irritated with them.

Talked to a supervisor and she acted like it was SUCH a big deal to do it 6 days early. Good god, I've earned it with them. Anyway, I agree that tenacity is the key with them. Course, sometimes I really wonder if they're worth all this trouble.

My other credit cards are so much better at increases. Oh, on this card I've been told by diff reps that the computer will review my account yearly, every 6 months, every 4 months, and periodically.

They have no clue. I also mentioned the limit reporting thing. She said she'd forward it to their credit dept and "do what they do with all their accounts". Guess that means nothing. So I'll run my big 500 extra back up and then down to show it on my report. Jerks. They really don't care a bit about us. Today's conversations were absolutely ludicrous.

I actually really like Providian in comparison. At least they recognize that I've earned higher credit lines.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

how much of an increase did you get? The customary $50 per month?

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

$500 for 6 months.
    I've never heard of the $50/month thing.

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congrats, Marie. I know what you mean about pulling teeth! Capital One is soooo stingy! I have had to threaten to close my accounts if I didn't receive an increase and I would have done it too! I had an account for over 2 years and not one increase. I thought that was crazy. Others have received letters offering increases and I NEVER did (and still haven't). My credit had improved in a major way since I received the card and I was current on ALL of my accounts. No lates, overlimits and balance ratio was great. Retention was very helpful, but I still do not have the limits I know I deserve. I am so tired of being a dentist without the salary ;-)
    If I don't receive major increases soon, I am sure I will be closing my accounts or merge the two I have into one with NO FEES. I have no negatives on my reports now except for 1 30 day late from 4 years ago. They frustrate you when you have worked so hard and it shows in your reports, but they still treat you like slime when it comes to increases or better terms.... sorry, I had to vent. Boy, that felt good! Thanks for listening and good luck to you! :)