Cap1-KMart card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tj, Nov 13, 2000.

1. tj

tj Guest

Has anyone had much to do with this card. Cap1 is pushing it big time. Seems like I get a PRE-Approved every other week. I have a Cap1 regular unsecured with a 3500 limit, and was wondering what others experience was with this one, limits etc.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I have a cap 1 secured at 800+300, and i got this in the mail too. I think they are blanket mailing everyone. I'm skeptical, but i'll entertain the offer from capital one, since the card is KRAD.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

HAVEN'T GOT MINE (PRE-APPROVED INVENTATION) WAL*MART MANAGEMENT...MAYBE I NEVER WILL???

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

KRAD?

I've seen you mention that work a couple of times....am I not up on all the new slang?

Forgive me if this is stupid...but what is KRAD???

5. tj

tj Guest

RE: KRAD?

I guess I'm behind too, I don't know what it means either. Could someone help us with the meaning????
    Thanks

6. Cadillac408

I'm guessing KRAD = Co-Branded (as in it's a mastercard and a K-mart card)????

Just guessing....

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

KMART+radical-mart-ical=KRAD???

JUST A GUESS.

8. Cadillac408

"KMART+radical-mart-ical=KRAD???"

KMart is definately not radical...

I think my guess was better George....oh and by the way, WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SHOUTING???

:)

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm hard of hearing, and I work with a bunch of deaf customers and deaf employees so I have to SHOUT!!!

10. Cadillac408

You're O.K. I my book GEORGE!

I appreciate your posts.....kinda adds flavor to the boards! ;-D

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SOME OF MY ACCESS CODES AND PASSWORDS ARE case sensitive.
    I don't spend all my time here...SORRY :(

12. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Why in the hell would you want a KMart card, let alone a card from Cap 1? That is like the lowest of the low, or the worst of the worst!

13. sam

sam Well-Known Member

krad is

Sorry, maybe its an inside joke. Back in the early 80's krad was an expression to mean RAD. kmart had a stigmata back then, and the word was created by the hacker era (real hackers). Not to say i was a hacker, but i took part in the era. If you research that topic in that early era, you'll see the mention of KRAD often :) some of us old farts still use the term. Its a joke :) Tell some young hacker-lackeys(do they exist) they are krad,, and they'll probably call you an old lamer. :)

Kmart has come a long way since the 80's im not dissing them. Damn martha stewart :)

14. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I agree, Jason.

I think that Cap1 is a useful card company for those rebuilding, but I'd steer away if you have no credit, and don't touch the place with a ten foot pole if you have good/excellent credit.

I don't care if they have a Platinum card with 9.99% fixed, and credit lines from $5000-25000! My 11.99% APR from Chase is just fine!

15. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

I applied online last week and was approved for 19.8% (not the 11.9 being pushed). Clicked the 'No Thanks' button at the end to cancel app, BUT...

Get home yesterday, there's a "Welcome to Kmart" letter saying my card's on the way. Of course I called and stopped that nonsense. My limit was only $300 at KMart, $200 anywhere else.

16. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Hmmm...Maybe it's as close as they can get to KRAP (which describes most of K-Mart's merchandise) without violating political correctness.

17. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Bingo!!! you're so smart