Cap1 no longer taking CL inc req's

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by e557373, Aug 18, 2003.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Cap1 no longer taking CL inc req's

UNLESS YOUR GEORGE FACTOR

UYGF~Copyright © MarkLA/Quixote

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have HIGHER income
    I have LONGER history
    I have a LONGER job history
    I have NO LATE PAYMENTS
    I have NO COLLECTIONS
    I have NO BK
    I have NO OVER-LIMIT

BUT CAN I GET WHAT OTHERS GET...NO WAY!!!

LOWER INTEREST RATE???
    HIGHER CREDIT LIMIT???
    APPROVAL FOR A NEW CREDIT CARD???

UYGF

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 7+ YEARS FOR A LIMIT INCREASE ON MBNA

I HAD CHASE FOR 3 YEARS WITH-OUT ANY INCREASE IN THE CREDIT LIMIT
    CHASE MADE UP A 30 DAY LATE AND WHEN THEY DECIDED THEY WERE WRONG...THEY REFUSED TO "UN-JACK" MY 16.24% RATE...AND REFUSED TO RE-EVALUATE MY APPLICATION FOR A SECOND CARD WITH-OUT A HARD...I SAID FORGET IT...THEY DID THE HARD ANY-WAY

4 YEARS NO LIMIT INCREASE AMEX BLUE
    DENIED AMEX DELTA GOLD "PRE-APPROVED" TWICE

DENIED "PRE-APPROVED" CITIBANK LIKE 10 TIMES

IT GOES ON AND ON...

3. rocket1977

rocket1977 Well-Known Member

I do not see whats so great about the Target Visa anyway. You get 1 point for every $2 you spend outside of the Target stores which means you would have to spend $2000 just to get a 10% coupon? Maybe thats better than most reward cards. I do not even know which "reward card" I want to apply for yet. I still remember my dreadful experience with Discover 5 years ago.

4. rocket1977

Whew, I also got my CL increase from Cap One just in the knick of time. I got a whooping $500 CL on my Cap One "Platinum" Card now. Of course I will keep it because it is one of my lowest APR cards I have - 12.9%.

I have a Fleet card at 8.9%, but I do not know anything about these 4.9-6.9% cards you guys have. My credit scores are 660 EX, 692 EQ, and 690 TU today. Any cards other than Chase with these great rates? Apparently you must be crystal clean with Chase because i was denied 6 months ago with just one very old derog - paid charge off with Discover.

5. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Let me tell you a few things about George:

1) His FICO Score has been 810 for 15 years.
    2) Although he works at Wal-Mart, his income is $425,000 per year. George is the liaison between the Walton family and the corporation.
    3) George has a perfect payment history dating all the way back to the McCarthy era.
    4) He and his wife can really cut the rug doing that crazy Foxtrot thing.
    5) He actually donates money to Capital One anonymously as a goodwill gesture.

And, despite all of this, he can't get a credit limit greater than $500, and he is summarily ridiculed whenever he asks for a lower APR with the usual stated reason being "because you are George." The man garners no slack.

Doc

6. rocket1977

Re: Re: Re: Cap1 no longer taking CL inc req's

Wow. I guess I would be frustrated also. That just sucks.

7. arobinson

arobinson Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cap1 no longer taking CL inc req's

They told me the same thing last year..the Max for my platinum card was $5000.00 now my limit is $7700, and I started 3 years ago with a $200.00 limit (this was done by opening 3 secured cards and calling Mr. Miller and Mr. Cooke every 4 months for increases then combining, opening 2 more secured after they were combined, and combining again)