Cap1 Platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Apr 19, 2001.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Has anyone got a pre-approval offer for this, filled it out (paper or on-line), and actually got the card? A friend of mine got the letter, applied online with the invitation code and got a regular card with the same rate (9.9%) and no fees, but only received a limit of $1,000. I've read many posts from people on card review sites about this bait and switch scam from Cap1. Does Cap1 only give out this card for existing customers who are in good standing because they don't trust new applicants, even people with stellar credit?

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

I tried and got the classic bait and switch participation fee still on it (I had never had one of THOSE on my other accounts)

So I took the new terms, negotiated better, and that way I've got 2 visa's aging. in 2 years I'll combine them and get platinum (I've been told platinum is really just an issue of credit line. 5K or better and it's yours).

I just didn't qualify for the 5k. But I do agree... the terms they initially gave me were bait and switch.

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

mike,
    Cap1 Platinium is toughest card to get My brother applied on-line and he got approved for the classic card with $4.00 monthly fee and 19.8% APR. He didn't take the card and he get perfect credit with a couple of Platinium cards.

Ron.