Cap1 & Providian...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jenny, Oct 8, 2000.

1. Jenny

Jenny Guest

Had secure card with both and was in good standing until a unfortuate accident left me injured and out of work for some time and couldn't pay debts,I am interested in re-establishing my credit AGAIN and ordered CR and noticed that both are charged-off to bad debt.Cap1:600.00,Pro:430.00. Is there anyway that I could re-establish an acc't with them and include debt in balance?

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Capital One has been known to do this. I don't know about Providian.

3. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

Jenny

Try giving them a call and explain your situation, a gentleman customer of mine mentioned that Cap1 did this for him so they may be able to help you out. Good luck!!

Regards,
    Alex.

------------
    Free Credit Help!
    http://www.CreditInsiders.com

4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Re-establish Providian Account

Jenny,

I have the same question regarding Providian. I have a credit card that has been closed but does not list as charged off yet on my Equifax report. I want to pay off the debt and either have them delete it from my file or re-establish the account.

I also think that Cap One will re-establish your account. I did get a letter from them a while back regarding do this with my account. Post and let us know how you make out.

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

RE: Re-establish Providian Acc

Others, far wiser than me, have previously brought up another point about this issue. If you re-establish credit, your credit record can still reflect your late payments, chargeoff, etc.

In fact, Providian or Capital One has a strong motivation not to delete anything: if your credit record is bad, you're less likely to switch to another card.