Cap1 question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nutty28, Mar 2, 2001.

1. nutty28

nutty28 Guest

Does this mean you have been denied? I have two accounts now with now lates or over limits and have paid balance every month.

To ensure that we provide you with the product best suited to your needs, more time is required to consider your application. Capital One will respond to your request within 7 to 10 business days. Thank you for applying for the Capital One credit card.

2. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I don't know why people apply for so many Capital One cards. I kind of regret even applying for one.

Messages like that don't always mean you are denied. Sometimes they will still give it to you but maybe not the exact card you applied for.

3. mimi

mimi Guest

50/50

It can go both ways. In my case, the credit committee reviewed my app in detail and made the final decision. Sort of like underwriting. I received my car loan, but when I applied for a credit card, I was denied.

I know this is not much to go by but I hope this helps.

4. nutty28

nutty28 Guest

Re: 50/50

Is Cap1 as generous with car loans as with Credit cards?

5. mimi

mimi Guest

I'm not sure

I don't have Cap1. As far as finances goes, I was referring to my CU. I guess all Creditors uses that "50/50" statement sometime or another.

But I believe that if you're not approved for an unsecure credit card, you would be approved for a secured card. Think positive. If your credit is not shot to $#!% (like mine was) I'm sure you'll get approved. Good luck.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: about car loans..

i have a $1100 secured and a $600 unsecured gold card, my cr shows charge offs from 96. DENIED for any car loan at any rate.

(btw the 7-10 day thing, for their credit product, is deny).

7. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I have a charge off from (date of last activity) 7/96, and 2 collection accounts (all were <200 each) but I got a car loan---I also had a settled CC in 9/99 and bought the car in 01/00. Go figure. I got financed on a new car @ 11%--and I put down 3k on 16k so I financed 13k.
    Of course, I have a sister who got financed for .9 (sigh)
    am

8. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Oh, the bank who picked my car up was Bank One--I had a previous installment loan w/my husband with them in 96ish