Cap1 surprise increase...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hope, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

I just got my Cap1 Gold MasterCard first week of June 2001 with a limit of $200. I've recently had 2 dismissed bk 13, but Cap1 one was not included in that.

10 years ago, I had a secured Cap1 card, (credit limit was $1,500, paid as agreed, never late, still showing on my reports), which I closed on my own about 1.5 years afterwards, because of all the shenanigans with the late fees, and stinginess with limit increases.

Well, I wrote to Mr. M via Planet Feedback, a week after getting my card pleading my case and although he was sympathetic, he told me those bk's were just too much.

Undaunted, I tried for an automated increase 2 weeks ago. Nothing doing. Instead I got a form letter saying my account was too new (1 month old) and to try again in 6 months.

Well yesterday I got the email alert that my 2nd statement was ready to view (I pay online now whenever possible to avoid late fees and also to have 3rd-party verfication of payment).

What to my wondering eyes should appear but an unannounced increase of $300 to a total of $500 credit limit.

I've had the card 6 weeks and nothing important has changed on my credit reports (see my woes with Junum at http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&pgnum=2&postid=73847#post73847).

I guess it pays to be a squeaky wheel!

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Congrats, Hope! I'm so happy for you! You are on your way!

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Yep! I just really tooling along now with my big ole $500 Cap 1 limit!!

Tee-hee!