Cap1 Warning Please read

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marie, Apr 10, 2001.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

For those of us with Cap1 cards... be careful. I just noticed that the phone info and the online payment system is WRONG about my minimum payments.

WRONG! it's understating my minimum payment due.

For example, on my Visa Gold, my actual physical statement says my min is $26.00. When I look at my "statement" online (the one that's closed and needs a payment) my online statement says my minimum is $26.00.

BUT, when I go to the "payment" page, my minimum shows up as only $20.00. In 2 places. There's a "hard" copy of my minimum payment (about 1/3 of the way down the page) and then the payment page also prompts you with your minimum payment due (but here you can change the number to make it more).

Both prompt me for a $20 payment. When I called Cap1, the rep said my payment due is $26. Also, when I called Cap1, you know how they give you a "brief update"... my update on the phone said I have a payment due alright... of only $20.

Now, I've already reported this to Cap1, but they didn't seem that concerned. I thought maybe it was an abberation on my one statement. BUT, my Gold Mastercard closed on Mon and guess what? The same issue. Differing stated minimum payments.

Now, I normally pay WAY over the min.. but there are some months that I don't (I have the new 0% intro rate so I'm making mins).

What do you guys think? Seems VERY odd to me that they're prompting for differing payments. My guess is that, had I only paid 20, I would've been screwed (unless I had printed the payment page showing the prompt for only 20).

The lesson: watch your Cap1 statements and payments and if you pay online, print your payment page for your protection (you should do that always anyway). You may want to pay more than the mins just for your protection too.

Thought I'd warn you guys :)

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Interesting - gonna check mine

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Re: Interesting - gonna check

Marie, thanks for the heads up. I will match my hard copy with the online statement.

I do noticed that the online version can update more than once during the day, especially around the end of billing cycle.

Best regards,
    Sam

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Re: Cap One Warning

Marie,

Thanks for the warning. The only thing worse than that would be an erroneous "payment due" date on your statement.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Cap One Warning

I've seen this occur. Of course since you can "see your statement" online, its always been correct.

But what happened was that i got a credit for $4 one month for my yearly fee refund (don't ask) of course the min payment payment option reflected that. Check your unbilled activity credits..

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

display error???

mine was okay. try a different browser.