capital credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Robert, Jul 19, 2000.

1. Robert

Robert Active Member

I just recieved an offer for a gold card from "capital credit" 20331 irvine ave., bldg.e3 Santa Ana Heights,Ca. 92707-5623
    has anyone heard of this company, it is not capital one and cant find anything on them, they want a $37.00 processing fee for a pre-approved "gold card" where can I look to verify if they are legit or another potal scamm...

2. Stormie

Stormie Guest

Capital credit I believe is the bank that also issues Office Depots store credit cards. There should be a number for you to call and ask questions. If not try an online search, or look there phone # up using the online yellow pages. Hope this helps.

3. Robert

Robert Active Member

Unfortunatly, there is no contact number(s) listed.. that is one of the reasons why I am still somewhat aprehensive about sending them $37.00..why would they need the fee up front..
    thx,
    robert

4. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Office Depot's card is issued by Associates Capital Bank (NOT the same as Associates National Bank, I found out!).

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I also received the same offer. This company is BAD news. Its a catalog company, NOT a real major credit card. They have complaints filed with the BBB, You can see for yourself at www.southland.org. The company (Capital Credit) also has their own web site www.capitalcredit.com, their phone # is (714)881-7777.

6. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

i recieved the same one also, DO NOT RESPOND TO IT!!!.. there is no number and there is no nothing on it as far as information on it. damn.. there is not even a credit terms or legal terms at all.. You will be robbed if you respond to this. I wish I were there when the guy picks up the mail and PUNCH his teeth loose.... stay safe

7. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

i also forgot to add, every legit bredit card offer has a postage paid envelope, This company wants you to put your own stamp on the envelope.. this is a thief waiting for your money.....STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Jillian

Jillian Guest

RE: capital credit gold card

I can't believe this!! I was offered a gold visa with a 15,000 limit. I was stupid enough to send the check for 37.00--the check was cashed immediately-all I have received since then is a Priority Notice telling me my card had been printed and will be arriving shortly. I called the number for the Membership Support Center (oh, puh-leese!) and you can only access them if you ALREADY have your credit card. This is a real Catch-22!!! I am going to notify the U.S. Postal Service about the possibility of mail fraud. I have found that the Better Business Bureau is a joke with no punitive powers whatsoever!! I am so disgusted with myself for being so gullible!!!

9. Stormie

Stormie Guest

Sorry i was thinking of associates capital bank, they are definately not the same one you were refering to sorry for the confusion.