Capital Credit?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Bobby R, Aug 21, 2000.

1. Bobby R

Bobby R Guest

Has anybody ever heard of Capital Credit in Santa Ana Heights, CA? I received a CC offer today for a $15,000 Gold Card with 0% APR First Year. God only knows what the APR is after that first year, but I just want to know if this is a good/bad company to deal with. The problem I see with this offer is that it doesn't have the terms and conditions that you usually find on the application. Thanks in advance!

2. Bobby R

Bobby R Guest

My bad. I just found where somebody else asked the same question... Sorry! :)

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

It is a SCAM , stay clear of it. You can find the latest scams at creditmania.com.

4. Sheila Lee

Sheila Lee Guest

I also received this certificate today. I question that there is no phone # to call and no terms other than a limit of 15,000 and 0% APR. All that is asked is for us to send $37 for the membership fee. This sounds slightly off beat to me.

5. Sheila Lee

Sheila Lee Guest

Thanks for the information.

6. angelay

angelay Guest

I got the same paper in the mail and i am trying to find out the same information that you are?

7. rkalb

rkalb Guest

Sheila Lee wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I also received this certificate today. I question that there is no phone # to call and no terms other than a limit of 15,000 and 0% APR. All that is asked is for us to send $37 for the membership fee. This sounds slightly off beat to me.

8. rkalb

rkalb Guest

This is a scam and I bet they don't post this. Go to creditmani.com and check this out!!!!

Sheila Lee wrote:
    -------------------------------

9. rkalb

rkalb Guest

THis is a scam and I bet they don't post this. Check out creditmania.com and don't be suckered into this scam.

10. rkalb

rkalb Guest

That's because it is. It is a scam . Go to creditmania and check this out. Don't be fooled by this @!#$.

11. John G

John G Guest

Excuse me for repeating myself...If it's to good to be true, it probably is. I received the same "Acceptance Certificate". It states that "You may use your new Gold Card immedialtey upon receipt for all purchases from CREDIT PROVIDER". This means that they keep your $37.00 and you can buy any of the crap they have to offer, which probably is factory rejects or cheap off-shore junk that no one needs or wants. I was going to send them a letter, but I think I'll use the postage on something more productive. Let the buyer beware!

12. KDISTEFANO

KDISTEFANO Guest

hello yes I got one too. capital credit
    $15,000 0% apr 1st year date august 18 ,2000
    standard processing $37 via us mail
    or rush processing $44 via us priority mail
    gold card
    from capial credit
    santa ana heights CA 92707 -5623

I also see no term s on this offer.
    kathy

13. KDISTEFANO

KDISTEFANO Guest

information on capital
    www.badbusinessbureau.com

also
    available at north light
    type: capitalcreit..another creit card scam too good to be true

hope it helps kd

14. Scammed?

Scammed? Guest

I've heard of the company. I got the same offer. I fell for it, sounded too good to be true- it probably is. My credit is shot and I admit I'm a credit card junkie (I need help!) So I sent in my $44 RUSH processing fee, not bothering to check for info on the company - LIKE A PHONE NUMBER!! No terms or conditions- they didn't even want SSN or anything! Another thing, is the card a Visa, Mastercard???? The company does have a very vague website(capitalcredit.com)- goodluck acessing it- it's always "busy".I mailed my money 9/01 they cashed it on 9/08 and its now 9/16, I've yet to see my $15,000 RUSHED credit card. Obviously I'm kinda worried this is some fly- by- night- company. Anyone else deal with them or heard of them- so info, phone numbers or something??? If this is a scam what should I do? Thanks alot for your relpies!

15. Ed Stokes

Ed Stokes Guest

I also received the enticement from Capital Credit. I noticed they make their logo look just like Capital one. I could not find ANY info on them. Sounds like a scam.

16. Jon Goulet

Jon Goulet Guest

I received a letter also and sent in my $37.00. There number is (714)881-7777, HOWEVER, THEY NEVER ANSWER THE PHONE. Seems to be to good to be true. Please respond if you have further information.