Capital One Accts

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jean1221, May 5, 2001.

1. jean1221

jean1221 Well-Known Member

I have been reading that many people have more than one account with capital One. I was just wondering how you get multipe accounts? When did you apply and how long in between cards. I have one very low limit though. Any help would be great. Thanks.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I accidently applied twice for a capital one card last year. I got both cards. One for $2k limit and one for $200 limit. I already had another capital one card with a $400 limit for about 8 months.

roni

3. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

I applied for one card - the classic. After about 6 months or so they offered me a gold card. They both started with really low limits $200.

Kelly

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I also originally applied for one card. I was offered another about 12 months later which I accepted. Several months ago I was offered a Kmart card which I never sent in. Since I did not respond, they sent me an offer for a gold Kmart card. I still declined. If you are building or rebuilding your credit, it is good to have 1 or 2 accounts from CapitalOne, but I would have no more than 2 as they do not report your limits to the bureaus. This could work against you in regards to debt ratios. An account from another issuer who reports limits would work well with CapitalOne.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

jean,
    I got two accounts with Capial One. The first one is Capital One Mastercard and they initially approved me $1000 and they increased to $2300. It charged $29 annual fees. The second one is Kmart Mastercard. I got an offer from the mail. The Kmart offer me 0% interest for Kmart purchases and after that 11.9%APR for all purchases. They initially approved me $2500 credit line for non-kmart purchases and $3000 credit limit for K-mart purchases. After three months they increased my Kmart card to $5000 for non-Kmart purchase and $5500 credit limit for Kmart purchases. It has no annual fees.

Ron.