Capital One ACH payment

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, May 16, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Interesting.. I scheduled an ACH payment on the Capital One website two nights ago. The transfer occurred yesterday and I can see it online both on Capital One's website and on my bank's.

Now on today's Capital One activity page there is an ACH dated yesterday and an ACH dated today both for $50. There was no corresponding withdrawal to my checking account for the second ACH (I called the bank to verify this).

I wonder if they'll catch it.

2. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Hopefully you'll get away with it...pay on your card for $100 but only costing you $50. God knows Cap One had screwed us all over before. :)

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Hey coooooooolllllll! You deserve it! ;)

breeze

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Not to be a mr. goody two shoes here (lol), but I really think you should call them on this. It may work differently a CapOne, but I work in account management for a large co. and they do audits on a regular basis. I have seen credit applied inadvertently to a customer's account only to see them debit the account for that amount in 1-3 months.
    Just a thought. I don't want them to possibly debit your account at an inconvenient time for you, but a convenient time for them (ie: when it may knock you over your limit).

5. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Recently on my wife's Cap 1 account two errors occured. A $200.00 payment was applied and a bogus charge for $100.00 appeared. The $200.00 payment was applied in Jan and reversed in her Feb's statement. The bogus charge appeared in Feb. and was finally removed in April.

She never received any offical statement as to what or why this happened.

Best regards,
    Sam

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Well -- tonight's bank update has the extra transfer on it. Now I have to decide if I should call them or not.

I really don't care about the extra payment. It's not going to kill me to pay the extra $50 this month. It's just that last month the Consumer Advocate increased my credit line and gave me the opportunity to do a balance transfer. I maxed the card with the BT to show my limit on my credit reports, and I was going to pay the balance down $50 at a time until the end of the year to keep a balance on the card until my next six month period was up.

No big deal. It was fun thinking for a day I'd gotten one over on them. :)

7. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Probably they will debit it in a month or two.