Capital One and credit scoring

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Feb 24, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I read an interesting post over at the Bayhouse credit forum yesterday. The post stated that Capital One does not use FICO scoring. They have their own proprietary system.

This is believable as so many of us with damaged credit have helped to restore credit with the help of Capital One.

2. ble103

ble103 Guest

RE: Capital One and credit sco

They only do this for subprime only,go try for their prime,and see what happens.They do use your score for their prime cards.Don't let this fool you thinking that they don't use your credit score because they do.If you would apply for their prime ones, then they run your score thru their underwriting to see if you are the right one for them to issue their low rate cards.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I think Citibank uses their own scoring also. Their scoring is based on a total of 100. This is what a rep told me.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Certainly do use fico. I have a $1100 secure for 1 year, and a $600 gold unsecured and i still get declined for their k-mart card :)

5. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Capital One from what I understand is more into their own 'Profit Score'. I have no idea if FICO is a factor in that score...