Capital One are funny people!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ryan, Nov 1, 2000.

1. ryan

ryan Guest

This amused me:

Got a letter from Cap One today stating that I was 'Pre-Selected' for a Visa, and gave me several options of how I wanted my card to look, etc.

Here's the thing....I got a little behind in my finances about 2 years ago. I had a Capital One card with a $200 limit. I got on a payment plan with Genus Credit Management, and included Cap One. Well, they wouldn't accept payments for some reason, and after they started tacking on late and over-the-limit fees, I ended up owing them like $500. So I got them to finally start accepting the payments (many months later)....only to recently find out they had sent me to their collection agency. No one I ever spoke to told me this, and they had been cashing the checks from Genus.

So, I have an account they sent to collection because they wouldn't accept payments, and now they want me to get another card? I'm amazed they stay in business =)

2. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: Capital One are funny peop

PRE SELECTED IS EQUAL TO NOTHING.

Don't be fooled by a fancy pitch. All Cap1 has done is bought your name from the credit bureau.

Send it in and they will deny you!

3. ryan

ryan Guest

Yeah, I figured that....I just thought it was amusing......they couldn't run a check against their internal records BEFORE wasting the postage to mail the thing.....

I'm actually happy with my Bank One card. I'd never want to deal with Capital One again

4. STEVE G

STEVE G Guest

My wife has a chargeoff from them on a 200 limit card that they tacked on late fess etc to 1200. It was charged off in 96 and currently she has 2 cards from them in the last year, the one with 200 limit and a gold with 500 limit, both came pre-approved in mail and both unsecured. Go figure.

5. Desmond

Desmond Guest

i FILED bk IN "98 AND INCLUDED CAPITAL ONE WHEN I APPLIED A YEAR AGO THEY CAME UP WITH THAT ACCOUNT I INCLUDED IN MY BK SO THEY DENIED ME. SO I WON'T BE DELAING WITH THEM.