Capital One ...car loan..... help needed!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Michelle61, May 6, 2013.

1. Michelle61

Michelle61 New Member

I have a car loan with Capital One. I made 69 payments and now I lost my ability to pay. There are 3 more payments to be made. The loan matured a month ago. I offered a lower payment till I will be able to make a full payment but they refused to accept it and try to repossess my car. I refused to surrender my car as I paid for almost 6 years a very high monthly payment (almost $900).Their interest was almost 14% (predatory lending?) so I think they should show some good will and cooperate. Is there any way I can take them to a court or to fight repossession?
    Thank you for your help!

2. Logan Abbott

Logan Abbott Well-Known Member

Yikes! This is a tough one. It's pretty late in the game but you could explain your situation to a local credit union and determine whether they would be willing to refinance the remainder amount owed on the loan. If it's really $2,700 that could be a possibility depending on your score.

That said, I think your best bet is to see what you can do to work it out w/ Capital One. If you've been on time for 6 years, they're pretty likely to show some good will. Call them and don't get off the line until you get in touch with someone with the power to help your situation (just keep asking for the manager). If you're this close to finishing your payments and your record is as spotless as you say, I'd imagine that somebody at Cap One will be willing to work with you. I've been wrong before, but it of course doesn't hurt to keep asking.

3. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

If need be, call the corporate offices, ask for the CEO's office and go down from there to get to the highest person you can over that department.

4. Heather L

Heather L Well-Known Member

It is also easy to figure out corporate office employee's email addresses. They usually use the same combination of first and last name and then the corporate email. I have had some success contacting VP's by email when I cannot get the help I am looking for talking to someone that works in a call center. Thanks! Heather with BoostMyScore.NET