Capital One CL Increase!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by debtor_x, Sep 3, 2003.

1. debtor_x

debtor_x Well-Known Member

I just closed on a house, horray! Thanks to a lot of factors not the least of which were following some sage advice given here!! But that is another post..

Anyway I had some leftover cash and I paid off my whole balance (a big $450) but considering the CL was only $500 , I guess it was a big deal to Cap1 cause they just increased my CL to $1000.

I asked for a CL increase about 3mos ago and nogo (try again next year standard response blah,blah).

And I logged into my account online tonight and there it was a zero balance with a $1k CL. No letter or email from them explaining this either???

Thanks to all here who share their experiences!!

DX

2. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Congrats-

I have not received an increase from Cap 1 since last 2001. The last time I asked for one it cost me 3 hard inqs. and all I got was $300.00 My current CL is $3200.00

My current balance is ZERO. If it was not my oldest TL I would have closed it a long time ago.

It just amazes me that some received decent increases while other never get anything.

Best regards,
    Mirage

3. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

I recently went from a $300 CL (unsecured) to $1200 about a month before my one year anniversary.

4. broncsboi

broncsboi Well-Known Member

I didn't even have to wait that long.

I got my Cap1 card in November 2002 with a $300 CL. In January of 2003 they increased my limit to $2,250. I didn't ask any questions.