Capital One Combining Card Suc

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Feb 7, 2001.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

So my balance transfer finally went through today. I now have a card with a huge limit of $800. Woohoo. Well, I guess it's a start. Should I now try to open another account with Cap. 1. I now think it may be the only way to guarantee a credit increase. :)

Mike G.

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

RE: Capital One Combining Card

Great job Mike! - I'm waiting to do the same. How long were both accounts open?

Kelly

3. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

My classic card has been open since 3/00. The gold card, which I kept, has been open since 8/00.

Mike G.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Mike G. wrote:
    "I now think it may be the only way to guarantee a credit increase."

Absolutely. Recent weeks have taught us that is also true for Citi & Amex. If you want a credit increase, you may be better off applying for a second card and combining. That is partially how I got Amex to increase my combined limits from $3K in September to $9.5K now.

Saar

5. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

I called Capital One today about this because I had thought I couldn't combine MC and Visa. The gentleman at Cap1 checked w/a supervisor and I was told Yes. Hmmm. Tried to get the MC annual fee rebated (just paid it 2 months ago) and was told no... so I think I'll keep it another 3/4 year and get more line increases then in the Fall combine into my Gold card. In the interim I'm getting the gold card down to my MC interest rate of 15.9. Kills me I've got 15.9 and 17.9 (and I founght like#$^&* to get any of these cards down on interest). RETENTION DEPT anyone? :) Thanks for the GREAT advice. Was also told that a Platinum offer would come when my credit line = 5000. I'll get that by combining cards this year (or at worst case next year). Learning how their "systems" work REALLY makes a difference!!! :)

6. skip

skip Guest

Have I missed some recent posts on how Cap One really works and when were they posted?