Capital One ...CONFUSED

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lmckenzie, May 14, 2001.

1. lmckenzie

lmckenzie Well-Known Member

Hi-

I applied to recieve a Capital One secured card and they sent me a congrats letter. So now I have to send in $99 and then I will have a $500 limit. My question is, is that whole $500 available to me or what....please explain how the secured works with them having my $99. Are they going to give me increases or what.

Thanks for any help
    Keisha

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

The whole $500 will be available for your use. I got my deposit back from Capital One after 13 months, but I had to call the Consumer Advocate's office to do it.

I got a $250 credit line increase after a year and an APR reduction to 15.9%.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NEVER HAD A SECURED CARD, but it sounds good.
    Other people have said they had to deposit $200 to get $200 credit line or $400 for a $500 credit line.

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I had the $500 for $49. When my deposit was returned 13 months later they even paid interest. I think I got $50.12.

5. CCMAN

CCMAN Member

I applied for captial one and was flat out denied (even for the secured card) don't understand why

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

ME TOO!!!
    :(

7. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

You send in $99.00, they send you a green marble card with $500. in credit, if you make timely payments for one year they will increase your credit to $700....after a year and a half of timely payments and no over limits they will return your original $99.00 plus any interest that has accumulated. after that you can expect a gold card offer from them. Remember...timely payments and don't go over your limit. good luck to you.

Sean

8. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

Cap 1 has denied me everytime I've applied. The last time, I called and the CSR cut me off at every turn. Tried to ask for a chance and she said no way. My credit just isn't that bad. Don't understand it...