Capital One - High B vs. Balance

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ajordan, Aug 17, 2003.

1. ajordan

ajordan Well-Known Member

Caoital One just reported for the first time on my report since I got the card a few weeks ago.

I did run up some charges just to make sure it reported and have since payed most of it down.

I notcied that they are reporting a BALANCE which is about $50 higher than the HIGH BALANCE.

How could this be? Doesn't this have a negative impact on my score since they never report the actual CREDIT LINE?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Since CAPITAL ONE does not report a CREDIT LIMIT...take all you can get with the HIGH BALANCE...

3. ajordan

Thanks George.

I figured that part out but aren't they hurting me by reporting my BALANCE as higher than the HIGH BALANCE? How is this possible?

I would think I could call the CRA and ask them to change the HIGH BALANCE to Match the BALANCE

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They just are not UP TO DATE...I have some problems with BALANCE higher than HIGH BALANCE too...

I even have had the BALANCE higher than the CREDIT LIMIT...(they have not UPDATED the credit limit yet)

5. ajordan

Thanks for your response.

6. juliedeale

juliedeale Well-Known Member

Re: Capital One - High B vs. Balanc

George,

talk to me, so your balance is higher than the "CL/high balance" In other words when your current balance was reported the "new" high balance didn't match up?

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Capital One - High B vs. Balanc

Got a CREDIT LIMIT INCREASE...

Did a BT...

"OLD" credit limit still there...
    "NEW" current balance is there too...

I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA IF THAT IS A CRA PROBLEM OR THE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES PROBLEM...

I ASSUME IT WILL FIX ITSELF IN A MONTH OR SO...

8. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Capital One - High B vs. Balanc

Click here: CREDITNET | Straight Talk | | Capital One - High B vs. Balance

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''