Capital one HURTS!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Apr 27, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

CAPITAL ONE hurts our scores. The eloan credit analysis proves it. On my eloan analysis, my capital one balance was mentioned as hurting my score. This is b/c capital one doesnot report accurate credit limits. My balance is $600 and my credit limit is $2900. C1 reports high balance as cl with equifax so it looks like my cl is $700 and I am maxed out. This is awful.

Eloan suggested I balance transfer out of capital one. Capital one sucks.

roni

2. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

Is there a "better" Cap 1 out there? I have Cap 1 because they took a chance on me (a small chance, but a chance nonetheless) when I was just starting to rebuild. I have no debt, but very bad CRs (Junum just sent my first round out yesterday). All of the other CC offers I get are the $300 limit, but $299 setup type offers...

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I got my first Providian card two years before I ever got Capital One. Got my second about two months after the Cap One. My second Providian card has a limit of $1650 while my Cap One has only $750.

The first Providian card that I've had about three years started at $500 and is already up to $7850. It would be even higher had I known some of the tips on this board a couple of years ago.

I'd suggest you try them.

4. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

You are completely right Roni--I addressed this issue in my letter last night (this morning) to Capitol One via Planet Feedback.
    THANKS TO VICODIN I wrote quite a scathing, bitchy letter stating my feelings about the whole credit line, interest, and reporting issues. I told nothing but the truth and feel better about it now. I received an email this morning to contact them--they have not called me back as of yet..but damn it, I'm tired of it--many of us can get better cards (and have) and if they want my business, I want fair account terms. I am paid off and ready to leave them semi dormant for the remainder of my credit building.
    If you like, I'll let you know how it turns out w/the letter results.

AnnMarie
    owner of 4 less wisdom teeth
    mother of bony extractions

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

did you even read my post? lol

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Guess you better charge a refundable plain ticket! :-\

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I hear you Ann Marie. BTW, you are gonna look like the biggest chipmunk. Good thing it is the weekend.

Anyway, I am flaming about this c1 thing. I am ticked. I would cancel them quick, but I already closed two of their accounts and I want to keep my oldest trade open.

Plus, I just got their gold card. I think in May I will have some hardball complaining to do when I send in my next payment.

roni

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

MP$40====cute

So now you want to be lb. lol

Anyway, I will just make the bureaus report the limits. I wage WAR on capital one.
    They will not hold my score hostage.

roni

9. AnnMarie

Chipmunks safe here

Bulldogs too! I have been making offerings to the ToothFairy to keep away the Dry Socket Sinister Scumbucket!

BTW, I have a class of teenagers to teach tomorrow....they are gonna love this. I said thank you to a lady who held the door for me when walking into the drug store right after surgery and the woman thought I said F*** You--I about died of laughing since her response to my "F-U" was to turn around and say "MY BUTT!!!" woo-hoo...not even messing with that badass momma. LOL
    Any ideas on how to prevent Vicodin from making you sick?

okay...back to on topic stuff......am I rambling?

AnnMarie

What do you think a decent, fair interest rate is?

10. AnnMarie

Vs. Capitol One

I'm with you on the Cap 1 war Roni---
    I may be able to give you reinforcements after my discussion with the advocate's office.

AnnMarie

11. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

FYI....my friend's boyfriend let his Capital One account lay dormant for 6 months and they CLOSED IT! On his report it's listed as "Closed at Credit Grantors Request"! There was a zero balance though...but still!

12. AnnMarie

Only 6 months? Well......shoot. I have an automatic payment for my Wizard of Oz collectible stuff charge to one of the cards, maybe I'll set the other one up with one also---But maybe, just maybe, this advocate's office will come thru for us and I'll be able to utilize the accounts.
    Thanks for the heads up!

13. myong

myong Active Member

I remember reading a thread a couple of months ago about somebody trying to take cap1 to court because of their not reporting the limit. Something about it being in violation of the fcra. Does anyone remember that post

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

technically it is a violation of the fcra. They are suppose to be reporting accurate information. Reporting my highest balance as my credit limit is a fraud.

If they dont put correct the problem like citibank, i will go off.

I dont remember saying they were suiing however.

roni

15. myong

myong Active Member

Did you send a complaint through planet feedback roni. That might have been the one I was thinking about. I could have sworn that someone was trying to take it a little further than that, and I was real curious as to whether they got anywhere with it.