Capital One Increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Jun 26, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I was speaking to Mr. Miller about my account. He was talking to me about my credit limit.

It is currently 2700.00. He said that he was going to increase my limit 300.00 making my limit 3000.

That is really cool because, just 1 week prior, i called the cap one limit increase line, and asked for them to increase my limit 300 to make it 3000 and they said that i would have to wait 6 months because i have had several increases lately.

But, mr. miller did it for me, i dont know why, he doesnt know about the previous conversation that i had with another rep. But, owell

Thanks mr. miller (your my best friend!!! :)

Psugirl

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi PSUgirl,

Did Mr. Miller request that a "hard credit inquiry" be done in order to get the increase(s) you have mentioned.

In March, he gave me a new apr. (currently 12.3) but he insisted that a credit inquiry was needed in order to get a credit line increase.

We are all very different customers with Cap One so I don't expect him to treat us all the same.

I am asking the question of you because at a later time, I want to convert my gold card to Platinum. The more I know from you and others here will assist me in my negotiation.

Thanks - Jim

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

HI JIM!!!

The answer to your question is No....Mr. Miller and I were sitting on the phone chit chatting about my account and how some how the limit got decrease when it was converted to a gold.

He was telling me that he is going to fix that for me and bring it back to 2700. Then he stated that for all the trouble that i was having on my account he is going to increase it 300.00 to make it an even 3000. He is also waiving my cash advance fee of 50.00 that was charged when i did a cash advance for 2000.00 on my card.

He is cool Jim....I dont really fuss too much with the apr with him.

I also had sent disputs to equifax about my limit not being reported by capital one. I included a copy of my statement with capital one. Equifax sent me back a report showing my new high limits.

I hope some where down the line that capital one changes their NO CREDIT LIMIT REPORTING policy.

I have a feel that if they done start putting it in writting in the terms of the account, someone is going to sue then down the line. I would hate to see that happen.

So, whats up jim! Im trying to figure out how many hrs i have to work to meet my budget and pay my bills off. I still love my car!~but the first payment is coming up... err!

good luck on cap one. Deal directly with mr. miller. I talked with another exec rep like mr miller. and she was a B!t@h to me. then i told her to transfer me to mr. miller and she refused at first. I raised my voice and put my foot down and told her that mr. miller told me to talk with him directly. She got him for me!

psugirl

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks PSUgirl!!

All the things you told me about Cap One, Mr. Miller etc. were helpful to me.

Not too much is happening with me, I am just finishing out my days here on the board as I have restored my credit. It's still a little fun!

Glad you like the new car. I sure liked the mature manner in which you handled all the responses to your auto thread. I was afraid, a lot of writers were going to irritate you by saying in effect "No - do it my way" LOL. And of course, you know that there is an individual on the board who has many identities. No names are being mentioned but this person strikes if you look a little to successful.

I wish you the very best with your studies, new auto etc. I hope it's not too humid in State College right now.

Best wishes - Jim

5. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Thanks Jim,

Your so write about the auto loan thing. Everyone gets lots of advice from different people on the board, but what matters it was you do with that advice.

I certainly appreciate all the advice that I get. But, When i get advice, i do a search on that person's name and see what their past experience was like by thier past posts to the board.

I certainly dont take advice from people that have had HARSH financial difficulties in the past and present. I ultimatly turn to my father for advice, if i get stuck on something...which is not usually (lol).

I like to figure things out for myself. But, i use othere's imput to help guide my decision making. And, thats what i end up doing.

Thanks again jim.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

PSUgirl,

I hope my daughter speaks as favorably about me when she is 21. You gave your father the ultimate compliment in your last post. LOL

Jim