Capital One increases

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tj, Oct 12, 2000.

1. tj

tj Guest

Has anyone heard of the new way that they are going to do increases for Capital One. I was going to make a payment on the net and realized that it would not post in time so I called it in. While I had the guy on the phone I asked him about increase time frames as I had a card for quite some time. He said that as of NOW you must have PERFECT PAY for 6 months before they would allow an increase BUT that next month they were going to make it easier. Wondered if anyone had any insight.............

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Perfect pay for 6 months is a fairly easy requirement to meet. Some people have gone for years without Capital One limit increases, even with perfect payment records. If the Cap One rep is right, there must have at least two policy changes in a short period of time.

3. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

I have had the card for 4 months with perfect payment history. I called 2 days ago and asked for an increase and they gave me one.

4. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I have had a Gold card for 2 1/2 months and the classic card for 6 months. I called and received an increase on both cards on Sunday. I used a method suggested by Saar. Go directly to retention. Please go back and my post about the how it all went if you want more information.

Mike G.

5. alice

alice Guest

Capital One ??????

I got the 7-10 day message does that mean NO GO! or do i still have a chance to get the card

6. John Debto

John Debto Guest

HOw much of an increase? 250 to 350? ;)

That's Capital One for ya!

7. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

RE: Capital One ??????

That means nothing! I got the same message and recieved a card about 2 weeks later

chet

8. LuceeBell

LuceeBell Guest

My husband has had the Crapital One card for 11 months and they keep giiving him the same old don't call us we'll call you about and increse. By the way credit limit is a beautiful $200. I know that you pay a price for bad credit but this is ridiculous

9. Saar

Saar Banned

Here we go again

That's not insignificant for credit builders, and unless you wanna pay exorbitant fees to rip-off lenders (e.g. Providian), that's the ONLY way to go.

If you can't contribute anything to a person's post, don't bother replying.

Saar

10. justme

justme Guest

I called and they gave me a $500 increase after having the card just 7 months.

11. LuceeBell

LuceeBell Guest

RE: Here we go again

what are you talking about? I am referring to the same issues that everyone else here has That Capital One does not issue a substantial credit line and that it is ridiculous. I am complaining just like you. So I don't know why YOU felt personally insulted. I hoped tha I could post MY frustation , JUST LIKE YOU. If you felt that i was personally insulted bad credit, I have it too. Read posts thoroughly before answering.

12. LuceeBell

LuceeBell Guest

That's what I meant by bad credit. that you bad a price that's ridiculous in regards to the company's policies, @!#$

13. Saar

Saar Banned

LuceeBell wrote:
    "Read posts thoroughly before answering. "

If you followed that advice, you'd see I was replying to someone else's post.

BTW, Capital One is indeed stingy, but still a good company to work with. Good luck.

Saar

14. cadman

cadman Well-Known Member

I have been with Cap1 since 97. For two years my limit was $400 - unsecured. Last year, without any phone calls, they raised it to $900. As you can read from previous posts, my credit is pretty bad. So I have no complaints. :)

15. tj

tj Guest

I used someones advise from a few days ago, I just called in and when they asked for my name card # and such, I asked for a credit retention supervisor. I asked just what the increase policy was. She said OH I SEE THAT YOUR CARD IS A FEW YEARS OLD AND ALWAYS GOOD PAY here is 1000 increase. Thanks for the advise it worked